Our Goal is $25,000
With two weeks away we’re about $2000 away from our goal of raising an additional $25,000 to support Vermont Adaptive. Our fundraisers are hard at work trying to help us reach this goal. You can help them by making a donation today.
The Top Fundraiser at the end of this week Friday, September 20 at noon with receive a $50 Gift Certificate to our Race Merchandise Table.
Donate to your favorite mountain biker or runner today!
How your donation is put to work at Vermont Adaptive
- $25 provides a 2 hour snowshoe or Nordic outing in the winter or a 2 hour canoe or kayak outing in the summer.
- $40 allows Vermont Adaptive to purchase a box of hand warmers for volunteer instructors and participants.
- $60 covers the cost of a ½ day of skiing or snowboarding including equipment.
- $100 covers a whole day of skiing or snowboarding in the winter or a therapeutic horseback riding lesson in the summer. (These allow us to provide scholarships to people who otherwise could not participate.)
- $500 allows Vermont Adaptive to purchase new helmets for one program location.
- $600 buys a new tandem bike.
- $600 buys a new kayak or canoe
- $1,000 outfits six Vermont Adaptive instructors with uniforms.
- $3,000 provides the resources to purchase a new or piece of sit down equipment such as a mono-ski or hand cycle.
Did You Know? (DYK)
- Vermont Adaptive provides more than 3,000 outings each year to people with disabilities.
- The cost of one outing for a participant can range from $35 for a canoeing session to $130 for a full day of skiing with lift ticket, lesson and adaptive equipment?
- There is more than $50,000 worth of adaptive sports gear we want to buy this year on our Wish List.
- Vermont Adaptive relies on more than 400 highly trained volunteer instructors each year, who donate their time and talent to the organization.