Race Weekend Schedule
Saturday Bib Pick Up noon- 8 PM
Bib and Bike Plaque Pick Up
Noon- 8:00 PM
- Bib/Bike Plaques-Racers will pick up their bibs or bike plaques and commemorative race t-shirts at the registration area (BIG TENT.) Please have your ID ready.
- Mountain Bikers – a wristband will be placed on your wrist -this is our meal ticket for Sunday’s post Race Dinner.-
- Runners – your BIB will have a pull tab for you meal ticket on Sunday. Race Bibs are chipped and will be electronically recorded at each aid station.
- Relay Teams -The Team Captain will pick up the Team Packet. ONLY ONE BIB will be in the packet and will be passed among the team members. ONLY one team member on course at any given time and ONLY one vehicle can be registered per team. Please look over our Relay Team Info Page before the race. The other two team members may pick up their Bibs for their meal ticket at the BIG TENT on Sunday.
- Runners with Pacers – Register your pacer and pick up their Pacer Bib at the Information table in the BIG TENT. All pacers must wear a bib while on course. Please look over our Pacer Info Page before the race.
- Drop bags
Racers may drop off their drop bags at the Information Table. Drop bags will be handed to the “Baggage Handlers”. Bags must be no larger than 9”x 9” x 16” and weigh less than 10 lbs.
Mark them so you can identify them at the Aid Stations with the name of the aid station , your name and, most importantly, your Bib Number, because that’s how they will be arranged.
If you come with a crew-you can have them carry and pick up your Drop Bags for the crew aid stations Skunk Hollow, Greenall’s, and Johnson (no waiting for your drop bags to return from on course)
- Runner /Bike Crew Parking Permits
Racers will pick up their vehicle parking permit at the Information Table.
One permit per racer (this includes the Relay Teams-One vehicle per team).
The permit will have the racer’s Bib # and Vehicle Plate # on it.
These permits are needed to park at the designated Aid Stations on Course: Skunk Hollow, Greenall’s and Johnson’s
Kids FREE Fun Day
- Kids Race Bib Pick Up And Check-In Noon-1:00 p.m.
Face Painting by Laurel and Nancy M. Noon-3 p.m.
- Off-Road Adaptive Bike Ride 12:30 p.m.
An adaptive bike ride on the hill. Come check out these athletes. Ride at your own pace.
- Kids Free Bike Ride 2:00 p.m.
- Kids Free Fun Runs Start 3:30 p.m.
- Kids Treasure Hunt4:00 p.m. (Weather Permitting) For Toddlers- Age 10. Bring Bags or Small Buckets.
Saturday Pre-Race Dinner
(not included in racer registration)
Prepared and hosted by Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort.
Where: Mountain View Ballroom, Windham Building, Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort
Date: September 26, 2020
Time: 5-8:00 pm
Prices $25.95 plus tax adults, children under 12- $14.95 plus tax
Meal tickets available for purchase at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations Hotel Front Desk in the Windham Building.
Sunday-Race Day Early Morning 5-8 AM
ALL 50 Mile Check-In
Mandatory 50 Mile Racer Check-in Opens
Big Tent (where you picked up your bib/bike plaque on Saturday)
Parking is at the Ascutney Outdoor parking lot, one way in/one way out road. THERE WILL BE TRAFFIC, Please plan ahead and leave plenty of time. Follow the signs to the designated parking area. Please DO NOT park where it is signed DO NOT PARK and please obey the Volunteer Parking Attendants.
Mountain Bikers-rack your bike then proceed to tent to check in. Know your bike plaque number.
50 KM Runners
Mandatory 50 Km Race Check-In
All 50 Mile Pre-Race Meeting
50 Mile pre-race meeting is at 5:30 am SHARP.
You must check-in the morning of the race to participate.
Important course information, changes and trail markers will be discussed.
50 Mile Race Waves (see below)
6:10 AM-6:30 AM
50 KM Runners Pre-race Meeting
50 KM Pre-Race Meeting At 7:30 AM
50 KM Runners Race Start
50 KM Race Starts At 8 AM
Race Waves Start
Your time starts when the chip in your Bib/Plaque crosses the timing mat.
Race Finish Time
All races are closed at 6:30 PM
If you start in a wave ahead of your designated wave/category/age group: your start time will be moved back to the wave time you were classified in and an additional 20 minutes will be added to your finishing time.
Wave 1 6:10
(ALL EXPERT) (ALL SINGLESPEED)
(with signs for Sub 5, Sub 6, Sub 7, Over 7)
Wave 2 6:15
(SPORT 18-26) Senior I
(SPORT 27-44) Senior II and Veteran
Wave 3 6:20
(SPORT 45-65 and Up) (12-17 Junior)
(Master I, Master II, Master III)
(WOMENS RELAY) (OVER 60 RELAY)
Wave 4 6:25
(NOVICE & TANDEM)
Wave 5 6:30
(50M Runners) (50M Relay)
Wave 6 8:00
Sunday Race Day 9 AM-6:30 PM
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, some of these events may be modified or eliminated for 2021.
9 AM-4 PM
Runs from the parking lot (The Big Tent) to Aid Station #9 Stone’s from: 9 am until about 4 pm every 45 minutes. If a Pacer was not registered on Saturday, they can pick up their Pacer Bib in the Van before being transported to Aid Station #9 Stone’s to meet their runner.
Pacer Wavier Form
Post Race BBQ
11:30 AM-6:45 PM
Sunday Post Race Meal prepared by Brownsville Butcher and Pantry Racers- included in your registration fee
Menu may include:
BBQ Chicken with the following sauce options: Tangy Mustard, Alabama White, Memphis Sweet
Broccoli Cheddar Salad
Mac & Cheese
Cookies & Brownies (with gluten free options)
Drinks: Iced tea and Lemonade, Sodas, Water
This meal is NOT self served and is NOT all-you-can-eat. This food is provided to feed our race participants, volunteers and landowners. Thank you for your cooperation.
Mtn Bikers your wristband or Runners Race Bib pull tab will be your meal ticket.
Official Race Merchandise Table
10 AM-6 PM
For online pick up and race weekend retail sales. We accept cash, checks and most major credit cards.
Finish Line Band
2020 Band TBA
Awards and Prizes
Mountain Bikes about 1:00 PM
Runners about 2:30 PM
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each category.
Finishers will take home bottles of Vermont Maple Syrup in commemorative bottles.
Post-race Clean Up
Hoses are available at most of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations buildings.
Showers May or May Not be Available-we’ll keep you posted
Vermont 50 Course Closes
The Vermont 50 course closes at 6:30 PM the 12 hour time limit.