Vermont 50 General Information
Welcome to our information page! The Vermont 50 is an annual event comprised of five distinct races held at Ascutney Mountain, Brownsville VT on the last Sunday in September! Select a race from the list below to learn more. Race proceeds benefit Vermont Adaptive.
Registration Opens May 25 at 7 p.m. ET.
Registration Closes Sept. 6 (or when race sells out)
Race Day-Last Sunday in September
Plaque/Wristband Pick-up-Last Saturday in September
NOTE: This race DOES NOT allow E-Bikes.
Race Location: Ascutney Outdoors at Ascutney Mountain
Race Day Start Sunday 6:10 a.m. for 50 mile (Mandatory race Meeting at 5:30 a.m)
Sunday at 8:00 a.m. for 50 KM (Mandatory race Meeting at 7:30 a.m)
Fee Includes: Breakfast Munchies, aid station food, Post Race Dinner, t-shirt/hat and festivities, and a few more surprises.
- We do not use a waiting list
- There is NO Walk Up Registration
- NO Registration on Race Day
- NO Transferring or Deferring of Race Registrations.
- Registration/Race Bib is non-transferable.
- Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable, regardless of injury, lack of adequate training, an irreconcilable schedule conflict, or any other reason, no matter how valid. It cannot be moved to a future year.
- Registration Information changes may be made until September 6 at noon. ET. Sorry, no exceptions-we need to get your Bibs printed and chipped.
- NO Pre-Race Course Running Use this course only for this race. The property owners do not want it used at other times. If you get lost (but you won’t) you must go back on your own to the spot you went off course without assistance (e.g. car rides, etc) and then continue.
- Leave No Trace We have been in danger of losing this race because of complaints by property owners about the amount of trash left on some trails. Please carry your trash to the next aid station, or drop it just after a station. Please be very considerate of the landowner’s property. Please do not litter!!
- There are leash laws in the towns you will be going through. All dogs should be restrained.
- Please Hose OFF Your Bikes and Your Bodies! If we have MUDDY Conditions on RACE DAY as a courtesy to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort please HOSE OFF yourself and your bikes before going inside the Condos and Hotel common areas and rooms. Each Building has an outdoor hose available for your use. Please USE THEM!!
- Please No Bikes inside the Hotel or Condos.
A bike wash station maybe available at Ascutney Outdoors Center.
If you have any questions Mike Silverman is our Race Director and he can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you didn’t get into our race, or cannot race with us and would still like to be involved-Please Volunteer with us!