50 Mile Relay Team Race
Final List of Relay Teams with Bib Number
Make sure you have a Team Captain and you have three Team Members and of course a cool Team Name!
Race Registration Opens May, 25 at 7 p.m. ET , last day to register is Sept. 14th (but the race usually sells out before that date).
Race Bib Pick-UP
Saturday Registration Package Pickup. The TEAM Captain will pick up the registration packet on Saturday, of race weekend, noon to 8:00 PM.
Your Race Bib will have a pull ticket for the Sunday BBQ.
You will pass ONE Chipped Bib along to each team member during the race course. At the finish line/Big Tent the other two team members BIBs will be available to the TEAM MEMBERS. This BIB will have a pull ticket for your Sunday BBQ meal. Photo ID is required to pick up packets.
THERE WILL BE NO BIB PICK UP ON SUNDAY.
Race Day: Last Sunday in September
Race Day Start: Sunday 6 a.m.
Race Location: Ascutney Mountain
Registration, Meals, Start and Finish at
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort in Brownsville, VT (Directions to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort)
Relay Team Vehicle On Course
Each Relay Team is allowed to register ONE (1) vehicle for the race.
Relay Race Areas-You must Have A Parking Permit to Drop off Your Team Members-one vehicle per team!
Only ONE Relay Team Member is ALLOWED ON COURSE At any given time!
Relay Mileage Breakdown
12.3 Miles Start to Skunk Hollow
19.0 Miles Skunk Hollow to Greenall’s
18.7 Miles Greenall’s to finish
Relay runners are responsible for getting themselves to the exchange points. Only one vehicle per team will be allowed, and it must have an official Parking Permit, which must be obtained at the Information Desk. Remember to get the chipped bib from your team member!
The race cut off time for everyone is 6:30 p.m. Be prepared for a chilly and foggy morning start!
Aid station workers will make every effort to separate items containing nuts from the other food, but those with food allergies must take responsibility for checking about this practice each time they take food. If you have specific dietary needs, you will need to pack your own snack food in drop bags for Aid Stations #3, #7, and #10.
Leave No Trace We have been in danger of losing this race because of complaints by property owners about the amount of trash left on some trails. Please carry your trash to the next aid station, or drop it just after a station. Please be very considerate of the landowner’s property. Please do not litter!!
There are leash laws in the towns you will be going through. All dogs should be restrained.
If you didn’t get into our race, or cannot race with us and would still like to be involved-Please Volunteer with us!
Trail Guidelines for Runners/Relay Team Members and Pacers:
- Runner number must be worn on the front and outside whatever clothing you are wearing. If scorers cannot see your number they cannot score you. It is the runner’s responsibility to insure that you have been scored at each station.
- ABSOLUTELY NO LITTERING! You will be disqualified if you, your crew or your pacers are caught littering.
- NO VEHICLE PACING IS ALLOWED!
- The event will provide Official Aid Stations and Handler/Crew Access Stations. Aid is allowed for both runners and bikes at these designated Aid Stations.
Aid Stations for Runners with Handler Access are Skunk Hollow, Greenall’s, and Johnsons.
No handler or crew access is allowed anywhere on the course except at the designated handler/crew stations. The 50 mile committee asks in order to protect our community relationships that all support vehicles for runners and bikers stay off the course and that includes all public roads except the designated routes to the designated handler stations.
- No aid is allowed from a moving vehicle.
- For the safety of all – any runner dropping out must notify a volunteer at a manned aid station (or the finish line). Failure to do so may result in ban from future races.
- Any runner accepting a ride for any reason is out of the race.
- Use of trekking poles or headphones (walkmans, radios, etc.) is NOT ALLOWED due to sharing the trails with Mt bikers who may be passing you.
- Pets must be leashed
- Check point cutoff times are non-negotiable.
- Runners who get lost must return, without assistance, to the point where they left the course to continue.
- No muling (pacers carrying runners gear).
- Violation of any rule is grounds for disqualification. Race officials reserve the right to bar any person from this or future VT 50 events.
Final List of Relay Teams with Bib Number
Race Participants Documents documents to print before leaving home
Course Descriptions 50 mile and 50 Km course descriptions.
Print a Wave Sheet
Aid Stations List
Map Of race area
Typical Aid Station Foods *Note that not all items will be at all stations.