Vermont 50 Mile Ultra Run
Race Registration Opens May, 25 at 7 p.m. ET , last day to register is Sept. 14th (but the race usually sells out before that date).
Race Bib Pick-UP
Saturday Registration Package Pickup: Pick up your registration packets on Saturday, of race weekend, noon to 8:00 PM Participants must pick up their own registration packets. Photo ID is required to pick up packets.
Your Race Bib will have a pull ticket for the Sunday BBQ.
Please be sure to give your bib number at the morning racers meeting and at the aid stations. If you drop out of the race you must let the aid station staff know because we will be keeping track of everyone!!
THERE WILL BE NO BIB PICK UP ON SUNDAY.
Race Day: Last Sunday in September
Race Day Start: Sunday 6 a.m.
Race Location: Ascutney Mountain
Registration, Meals, Start and Finish at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort, Brownsville, VT
Please park at the base lodge (and other designated spots only.) Walk or bike down to the race office-BIG TENT-in the Cunningham building lot (look for signs). Please use parking lots only for parking!! To get to the Base Lodge when turning off Route 44 continue straight (do not take turn). The parking lot will be on your right. If you park on the grass you will be towed!
Race Registration Online
Entrants must pre-register on line by September 14th, or until the race sells out, which ever comes first. Just pick up racer packets on Saturday of race weekend. We do not use a waiting list, there is NO Walk Up Registration, NO Registration on Race Day, NO Transferring of Race Registrations. Race Registration closes on September 14 at 12 noon ET OR when all races have SOLD OUT.
NEW FOR 2017 We’ve set a $25,000 fundraising goal for our 25th Anniversary to show our continued support Vermont Adaptive. If you commit to raise a minimum of $500 before Sept. 12, 2017 , you can avoid race registration on May 25th and will be entered into the race by the Race Director. You must contact the Race Director, Mike before May 25, 2017 at 7 p.m. if you’d like to choose this option.
Age of Participants: Runners age on race day.
Fee Includes: Breakfast Munchies, aid station food, Post Race Dinner, T shirt and festivities, and a few more surprises.
Refund Policy: Refunds will be permitted before September 1st. We offer a partial refund of $50.
Vehicles On Course Must Display a Parking Permit
Participants must register ONE vehicle at the Information Table to be allowed on course. Relay Teams-one vehicle per team. Please stay off the actual race course as much as possible. You will be given Handler/Crew directions to designated Aid Stations at the Information Table.
Drop bags: Drop bags will be measured and weighed at the Information table also. See Drop Bag 101
You may drop off extra clothes you might have started out with in the morning at the aid stations, EXCEPT Garvin Hill and Cady Brook. Please mark it beforehand with your name and bib number on a large piece of duct tape. We have tape and markers available.
Course Information: Course Description
Sunday Race Day: Pre-Race Racer Meeting: Traffic WILL be an issue, please plan ahead!
Racer Check IN Opens at 5 AM ~ All 50 mile racers must attend and give Bib # to check-in person. (50 mile racers only)
Racer Meeting: 5:30 AM SHARP for 50 mile
Print a Wave Sheet
If you start in a wave ahead of your designated wave/category/age group, your start time will be moved back to the wave time you were classified in and an additional 20 minutes will be added to your finishing time. Your time starts when the chip in your Bib/Plaque crosses the timing mat.
Runner Age Groups: Male and Female in each category and class
Runners age is what they are on race day
- Runner number must be worn on the front and outside whatever clothing you are wearing. If scorers cannot see your number they cannot score you. It is the runner’s responsibility to insure that you have been scored at each station.
- ABSOLUTELY NO LITTERING! You will be disqualified if you, your crew or your pacers are caught littering.
- NO VEHICLE PACING IS ALLOWED!
- The event will provide Official Aid Stations and Handler/Crew Access Stations. Aid is allowed for both runners and bikes at these designated Aid Stations. Aid Stations for Runners with Handler Access are Skunk Hollow, Greenall’s, and Johnsons. No handler or crew access is allowed anywhere on the course except at the designated handler/crew stations. The 50 mile committee asks in order to protect our community relationships that all support vehicles for runners and bikers stay off the course and that includes all public roads except the designated routes to the designated handler stations.
- No aid is allowed from a moving vehicle.
- For the safety of all – any runner dropping out must notify a volunteer at a manned aid station (or the finish line). Failure to do so may result in ban from future races.
- Any runner accepting a ride for any reason is out of the race.
- Use of trekking poles or headphones (walkmans, radios, etc.) is NOT ALLOWED due to sharing the trails with mountain bikers who may be passing you.
- All pets must be leashed.
- Check point/aid station cutoff times are non-negotiable.
- Runners who get lost must return, without assistance, to the point where they left the course to continue.
- No muling (pacers carrying runners gear).
- Violation of any rule is grounds for disqualification. Race officials reserve the right to bar any person from this or future Vermont 50 events.